Monday, January 23, 2012

N-Core vs. Similar

I am a shoe-a-holic. My husband had bought me a pair of N-Core's latest release called Poison. If you don't know what they look like, the picture is below. So, I have been wearing them, switching colors, looking all smexy walking across the grid, when I received a notice from Similar of its new shoe also called Poison (image below).





N-Core Poison









Similar Poison


I immediately opened the notice to see how I could spend my husband's money.  When the texture rezzed, what do you think I found? THE EXACT SAME SHOE!!!!!. I took the liberty to IM Larisa in-world asking her if she worked with N-Core, to which she stated no.  I then asked why did she have the same shoe design and name as N-Core, and she said Nuria/Claire is using her (Larisa) shoe base. She stated more little threats about "two can play this game" until she finally settled down and said it is just a "friendly competition". In my mind, why didn't she just say that in the first place? 

Today, Nuria responded to my previous inquiry regarding what was going on. Apparently, Nuria stated that N-Core was chosen as a nominee for the Avi Choice Awards and won (congrats Nuria/Claire). After her win, she stated she received a note card from Similar (Larisa), who was also selected as a nominee for the award, with threats stating that it will copy the design of N-Core's shoe. 

Here is what the note card stated...


"I want to sincerely congratulate with you for this award you earned, and most of all deserved, I'm really happy you got it as I feel that a big part of me is in this success too, I really feel close to you in this happy moment and I'm sure that if things go on like this, in the near future you'll be able to share the same lovely feeling when we start reproducing your creations, the same way you look like to enjoy doing lately...

best wishes and hugs
Simone"



Upon talking with my partner, Tata, we put on our N-Core Poison shoes and looked at the picture of the Similar's Poison shoe. We found 3 differences: The strap on the back of the heel is not on the N-Core, the heel is different, and of course, the toes are definitely different. Is this still fraud in any kind of way?  To be fair, the Similar Poison shoe comes with various strap options (one of which is already on the Ravenna shoe), including the option of cute chains to fasten the straps.

After being a little bit more nosy, I found out that the images for shoes in Similar ads do not contain an avatar foot; it's made in a 3D rendering program.  Is this a way to entice the customers to buy Similar shoes? I will let you decide.


 More to come!!!!


LariahMonet

No comments:

Post a Comment